Monday, January 16, 2006

Picking up the pace

I'm a snail when it comes to writing. It takes me forever to write the shortest thing. I have a friend who is a wonderful writer and doesn't seem to have that trouble. You should see her blog! (I'll post a link, if she says it's okay. I'm sure she knows who she is!) I check back with it every few days and each time there are scores of new, thoughtful, well-written entries. I can't even keep up to comment!

So I'm slow, slow, slow, and I've accepted that. It's one of the reasons I don't post a lot of lengthy blog entries myself. They take too long.

And while I'm moving forward with my novel, I'm crawling along so slowly, I'm never going to finish in the next few months unless I start putting in more time.

Getting up early can only be part of it. I'm going to start trying to write for an hour in the afternoons too.

No comments: