Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Know of a good antonym for ataraxis?

Sadly, the peace from early last week is gone. I'm floundering again.

I realized something, however. It's not just writing-related insecurity that sends my spirits plummeting; it's also the story itself. Last week something appeared in the story that I hadn't anticipated. It's very powerful and adds a lot of richness and depth, but it's also disturbing. The day after I wrote about it was one of my lowest yet and I know I was reacting to this new element. Always good to know why I'm depressed, I guess, even if that knowledge doesn't seem to help me feel better.

I think all of my ups and downs are more dramatic right now because I'm getting so close to the end. I'm excited, I'm scared, I'm proud, I'm filled with doubt--basically, I'm just a big ball of emotion!

Pity those around me who get to experience my moods first-hand.

We miss you, ataraxis! Come back soon, okay?

2 comments:

KatieFeldmom said...

Here's hoping that your ataraxis will come back! Good Luck! You've made it so far. You can do it!

Renée (R.E.) Chambliss said...

Thanks so much for the encouragement, Katie! It brought a big smile to my face. :o)