Monday, April 17, 2006

It's been a week since my last entry...

...and I want to do a new one, but I don't have much to say. Actually, that's not true, I have a lot to say, but I don't have the time to say it. I want to talk about "the process" of novel writing (and how there really isn't any one process, every writer does it differently) but today is going to be another busy day and there aren't enough spare minutes to do the topic justice.

I also had three great bits of story appear to me recently, which fit in perfectly with what's come before. It's so incredible when that happens. It really feels like these things "appear" out of the thin air and not like I have much to do with creating them. I'd love to write a blog entry about it all. But again, no time!

So we'll have to settle for another boring update on my progress.

My new mantra is "Trust Yourself". And I think it's helping me even out the ups and downs. I haven't had a panicky, paralyzed-with-fear writing session in a while. (Which probably means I'm due for one soon! ;o)

I still feel like I'm moving at slower than a snail's pace with all this, but even snails get somewhere eventually. I've finally accepted the fact that as much as I'd like to sprint to the finish line, I'm not a sprinting type when it comes to writing. So I'll continue to creep along.

Do you know that even this short, boring, uninformative entry has taken me over an hour to put together? Although to be fair to myself, I haven't exactly been uninterrupted--I've also refereed several squabbles, made breakfast, and participated in some extremely intense Easter candy negotiations. Now I'm going to attempt my lower body workout, do the dishes and the vacuuming, and then the kids and I are going to get ready for Scott's birthday. (Happy Birthday, Honey!)

No wonder I can't manage to get in more blog entries!

1 comment:

Donna said...

I've been waiting for you to post another entry. Sounds like you've been busy. Brunch went well, but I'm glad it's over with, I need to get my eating back on track again.