Monday, November 14, 2005

"Rest" time?

I did go running. But I only wrote for maybe 10 minutes. I guess it's better than nothing, but it's not enough if I want to get this thing done by May 9.

I really think the key is rest time. We skipped it again yesterday. I have to get both the kids and myself back in the rest time habit. That way I will have a block of time every day. Rest time has turned into a big pain lately, though. It's certainly not very "restful". Lots of chaos before, during and after. Before, there's the whining and complaining stage. It takes maybe 10 minutes just to maneuver them back to their rooms. During, they are calling me to bring them various vital items or to find out when rest time is over. (This is usually Kyle, who can't tell time very well yet.) They also yell back and forth to each other. They always want to "rest" together. But when they are together, they don't rest at all! And afterwards, their rooms are torn to shreds--toys everywhere! So rest time has seemed a lot more trouble than it's worth. But if I'm firm about it, we can probably get it back to the point where it is restful for everyone and worthwhile for me.

I'll try to get it together today. It will be a good test day because we're meeting my sister and niece at the mall this afternoon at 4:30, so I won't have a lot of time to dawdle after school. Snack then straight to rest time. We will do it!

No comments: