Friday, December 09, 2005

One month gone already?!

Ack! Today is December 9. One month since I set my goal to finish in six. I have certainly made progress, but there's still a lot to do. May 9 seems a long time away, but it'll be here before long.

I've got to keep at it!

Anyway, I did my UBWO yesterday and I wrote. Success! Kyle "exercised" with me using some red, vinyl-covered 4-lb. dumbbells. He took it very seriously and was really cute about it. I also did a 20-minute HIIT (high intensity interval training) on the treadmill this morning. So, I think I'm getting back in the exercise groove too. I don't know why I have such a hard time getting motivated to exercise once I've gotten out of the habit. I always feel so much better afterward.

I wrote at the library yesterday while Kyle was in preschool. I love to write at the library. It's quiet and far from the interruptions and distractions of home, and I get so inspired sitting in a carol with my computer, typing away in the midst of all those books. The only negative associated with library-writing, is that they don't want you to bring in drinks. Normally, I like to sip some sort of caffeinated beverage, or at least water, while I'm writing. It helps keep me awake. But I chugged a Lipton Diet Green Tea (tasty!) right before I went in yesterday, and managed to stay alert the whole time.

I have not yet started the 1-3 am plan since I've been fighting off a cold and don't want to make it worse. I might try it tonight (or should I say tomorrow?). I bought a new alarm clock and everything. Also, miraculously, both kids slept until almost 7 this morning. If that trend continues, I might start getting up before them to write like I did last winter.

Five more months to go. Can I do it? I honestly don't know, but I'm getting much more done now than I was before I started this blog.

Focus on the positive, Renée!

No comments: