Friday, January 15, 2010

I'm testing my voice...



...this week. I recorded every day while the kids were at school. Both for Dead Hunt, and for Dreaming of Deliverance. I think I need to look into the proper way to read aloud, because my voice is feeling a little strained. But I don't think I'll be able to record much next week because Monday is a holiday and I'm subbing Tuesday and Wednesday, so I wanted to get a lot done while I could.

I'm really enjoying narrating Kenn Crawford's novel. And I'm REALLY enjoying only recording, and not having to do the audio editing! He gets to edit out all of the retakes, loud intakes of breath, and lip smacks. You never realize how many extraneous noises you make until you have to listen that closely to yourself. Although, there's something to be said for reading your own words and knowing how to pronounce everything. Dead Hunt takes place in Nova Scotia and the names of the various locations in the story don't exactly trip of the tongue of this west-coaster. I've even been forced to learn how to pronounce a Gaelic phrase. That was interesting!

But I'm still not writing, and that sucks! I've got to figure out how to squeeze it in!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Hi Renee,
Remember Mrs Mitty/Maureen?
She's back, at
http://squirrelez.blogspot.com

We wondered about her, so I thought I'd let you know.

Hope the self-published thing is working out, would love to catch up by email some time if you get a chance!

Renée (R.E.) Chambliss said...

Hi Cindy! Thanks for the link!

Things are working out great. I'm getting a very good response from people who are reading and/or listening to the book.

I'd love to get caught up! Hope all is well with you!

Take care,

Renee