Saturday, March 06, 2010

Up early

I woke up at three AM this morning. Early. But maybe not too early. 3 AM is noon in Amsterdam, where I'll be this time tomorrow. So I'm already starting to adjust. Really, when you think about it, I slept in!

Some of the group are going to meet up this morning and we'll all drive to San Francisco together. Our flight leaves at 3:30. I'm not looking forward to saying goodbye to my husband and kids. Two weeks feels like a long time right now.

But I am so excited to have this opportunity! I keep trying to imagine what it's going to be like in Tanzania and I just can't picture it. This site helps! There's a web cam and everything!

Serengeti National Park

My next entry should be from the plane! :o)


P.S. I'm hoping episode 24 of Dreaming of Deliverance will be live today. For those listening, I want to let you know that it's a longer episode--maybe my longest yet. So much for keeping the length consistent! There wasn't a great place to cut it, though, and since it will be awhile before I'll be able to do episode 25, I'm hoping it'll be enough to tide you over. A new element is introduced in the story this week, and let's just say in a way I'm relieved to be skipping town for awhile!

2 comments:

craig said...

You wouldn't be refering to the sex scene you Twitted about late last year, would it? I'm sure it's nothing like Starla's writing for Pip, so no sweat. Have fun, and swat some flies for me...

Renee in Amsterdam said...

I haven't heard Starla's yet. But I'm blushing some over DoD ep 24, that's for sure!