Saturday, January 01, 2011

The 52/25 FB group, review compilation, the excerpt dilemma, and my acting heritage!


Happy 1-1-11!

I'm flying by to give you a heads-up on some upcoming blog entries.

But before I do that I want to remind you about our Facebook accountability group the 52 Weeks, 25 Stories Challenge. There is now a 52/25 blog and there might be a podcast. You don't want to miss out! We're getting lots of new, motivated members. It's going to be SO helpful for me, even though I'm not participating the right way: I'm not writing stories. Instead, I'm going to work on DoD 2: at least one hour a day, six days a week. I've been chipping away at it all along, but this should really amp up my progress. Anyway, I'd love to see you there, so head on over and sign up!

Also, I'm working on getting my reviews and interviews all together in one page on my web site. It's been really amazing going through them and remembering all of the incredible feedback I've received on Dreaming of Deliverance. That should be up at REChambliss.com before too long.

As for upcoming blog entries, I'm still trying to decide whether or not to post excerpts of DoD 2. What do you think? Do you like reading excerpts? Would you like a taste of what's to come?

But there are a couple of blog entries I know I'm going to do in the next couple of weeks. The first will be on running and DoD. JP told me months ago that he listened while running and I was so touched and pleased about that. Since then, I've found out that other people have also listened while running. I think that's incredibly cool and will be sharing thoughts and photos about it soon!

Also, someday I want to write the story of my actor grandparents, Woody and Erika Chambliss, and as a start, I plan to blog here about them. Neither are alive anymore, but both are very close to my heart especially now that I'm doing some acting myself. Their stories and backgrounds are absolutely fascinating and I can't wait to share them with you.

But right now I need to get back to the post-NYE clean up and then do some more writing. See you back here soon!

Happy New Year! Peace and positivity for 2011!

4 comments:

craig robertson said...

I think little vingettes of DoD II, either written or podcast would be cool. I be happy to link either/both to my blog and advertise them on the podiobooks.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I missed a spelling error on my frist post and removed it.
Well you know that I loved DoD and am really looking forward to the next book, so I say yes, definitely yes on the teasers for the new book.
As far as running goes I'm a fan of the results I get from it, if not the actual act of running which can be quite a pain (literally!) as all runners know.
Can't wait to hear or read it. :-)

Jodi

Renée (R.E.) Chambliss said...

Thanks Craig and Jodi! I will have to think about what to post. I don't want to give to much away...

I hear you about running, Jodi! Some days it's not much fun at all. But I never regret going for a run, even if I have a bad one.